Saturday, April 17, 2010

Lazy Saturday...

This Saturday has been a great relaxing Saturday. I started off the day wearing:


Shorts: Ann Taylor Loft
Top: Banana Republic
Shoes: Old Navy, seen here
Makeup: I did the look I showed here, I really like these colors together.
I had originally planned on going to the gym and Sephora but once I saw the weather, I realized I just wanted to relax and hang out. It was overcast and slightly raining and I didn't feel like driving 45 minutes to an outdoor mall where Sephora is. My hubs has been talking how he had been craving Creme Brulee and since it's on my bucket list, I thought I'd give it a try. I ran to Target to get a kitchen torch and some ramekins then to Publix for some of the ingredients. I tried this recipe.

vanilla bean
orange zest
stirring the eggs and whipping cream
ready to go in the oven
fininshed baking--into the fridge to set
hubs torching the sugar (def the man's job lol)
finished!

We cooked a nice steak dinner complete with wine, potatoes and black eyed peas and after dinner, we dove into these little treats. They were surprisingly EXCELLENT. Hubs even said if it wasn't the best, it was tied for the best he'd ever had. I am ecstatic--it was fun to make and good, doesn't get much better than that.


poor baby was exhausted...

I hope everyone had a great day. It's supposed to be another rainy day tomorrow so I'm planning another nice, relaxing day. xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Ok, wow-that creme brulee looks insane! You are so talented! And how amazing are your legs?! I'm jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummmm. I LOVE creme brule! I am actually having a lazy da today.

    and plus also..your pup is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your top is cute and the crem brulee looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that creme brule looks delicious!! and you made it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Andi--thanks so much, I never would have thought I have nice legs. When I was young I was a bit of a klutz so they are scar-ridden for sure-thanks!

    @April--Thanks! He is a lazy, spoiled little guy for sure.

    Phuonh--thanks so much!

    @MsHark--The creme brulee was good and easy too. There is a youtube video I watched also--there is a video for everything these days lol. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have gorgeous skin! And yes I also wish I had those legs... LOVE creme brulee, will def. have to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing! PS: Your little baby is so cute... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Kristen--Thanks so much. You are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute outfit! and the Creme Brulee looks yummy! that's one of my favorite desserts but I've never made it on my own.

    awww, your pup is sooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog