Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day, I am devoting this post to all things that are earth-friendly. In the last 5 years, I have made changes in my daily life that I believe are contributing to helping our Earth. I thought I'd share those with you today.

The change that has made the best impact on my life is reusable bags. I got mine from Green Kits and they hold tons! I can go to the store and by a weeks' worth of breakfasts, lunches, and dinners for my husband and I (about $200) and carry everything by myself in one trip! This may not sound like a big deal but I live in a condo with a parking garage so making three or four trips takes time and effort. They aren't the most attractive but I they hold a lot and do their job.

Another area that I have changed is my light bulbs. I replaced our lights with CFL bulbs and to be honest, I have had two bulbs burn out since I changed these between the two different places we lived. They last way longer and the lighting isn't so yellow, as with traditional bulbs.



Some other ways I have changed is using Green Cleaners. I think this is great to not have toxins and heavy cleaning scents, especially if you have pets and children. Some of my faves are:


This companies has products that cut the grease and clean really well. For Earth Day they are offering Free Shipping. Check it out!
J.R Watkins This spray is amazing--smells and cleans great.

Lastly, I think these lunch bags are fabulous--and they are of course eco-friendly. It's so much better to bring your lunch in these cute eco-friendly bags, rather than a plastic grocery bag that is no good for our Earth!


They come in a lot of really cute colors and prints.





I hope you all are doing things in your everyday lives that will help the planet. Happy Earth Day!!
--now carpool and turn the lights off :-)

9 comments:

  1. I gave you an award on my blog. Make sure you check it out =)

    liveandlovek.blogspot.com

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog via the reply on Veronika's blog.

    I seriously love my reuseable bags, so much better then paper or plastic!

    I'm a new follower on your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those lunch bags are adorable!!!! I may have to get a couple of them... thanks for the rec!

    And kudos to you for being "greener"! I have tons of reusable shopping bags, but I always forget to take them when I go shopping. So then I just buy a few more at the store... which is why I have TONS OF THEM. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tamara--Thanks for follwoing!!

    @Abri--I have to leave mine in the car or I forget too---that is also why I have quite a few from the local grocery store also. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very good with using green bags, I rarely forget them, and if I do, I'm sure to resuse them in some way. I also try not to have too many lights on at one time and not to waste water. I'm pretty proud of my green efforts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw you won a blog award! Congrats. Love these green ideas. I want one of those lunch bags!

    unravelledthreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Love it!! Hope you had an awesome Earth Day #40! Happy Friday! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found your blog via Taylor's and love it! I pretty much have been making the same changes you have. If only I could start driving less!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog