Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bedroom touch ups...

I love Paris---I just wanted to put that out there. We went there is 2007 and ever since I have dreamed of moving there and visiting there again and again. Every since our visit, I have been wanting to do something decorative with some of the pictures my husband took. He is an awesome photographer and Photoshop-per (??). I decided to add some black, white, and grey Paris decor to my already monochromatic lair. Here are some pics of the room...enjoy.
Tower Sculpture: Pier One
I took these at this angle to show the prints. These are called stand outs and are about an inch thick and they come in black or white. These are the hubs pics.
This was the street our hotel was on, I love this pic.
A couple more: Notre Dame, Sacre Couer, and Eiffel Tower
And this is my all time fave pic from our trip.
I got these metal things from Target. They are meant to be hung square but I kind of like them at an angle.
This was painted my yours truly. We have a really cute pottery shop in town that you can paint ceramics and they will fire it for you. It's a nice way to put some creative energy to use.
I also painted this tissue holder, which I use to hold my headbands. This is another one of my fave parts of the decor. This took forever and by the time I was finished, I was so over it but when I got the fired piece back, I was in love and knew it was all worth it.
This is the decor on my tub. As I mentioned here, I love, love, love taking baths and this is the little chica corner on my tub.
Bar of soap from Anthro that smells so delish but I don't want to use because of the wrapping.

There ya go folks---a little piece of my humble abode...

5 comments:

  1. the prints are beautiful! I love that you put your own prints on the wall. we do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE the decor! I love Paris and French inspired items. I so wish to go there one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @MsHark-- Thanks. I think decorating with your own pictures is somuch more meaningful. We try to do this as often as possible.

    @Jennifer-- Thanks so much! Paris is a magical place. You should def go. I really want to take cooking classes at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris next time I go. It looks so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Paris room came out so good! By the way absolutely loving the new profile picture! I say we make a run the bridge/show off Paris room date :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Heather--Thanks so much! Date is a deal. You pick the date and time!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog