Sunday, March 14, 2010

Makeup Tutorial--Pink Lips and Stila Kitten!

PINK Lips!
Tarina Tarentino @ Sephora has a great lip
Maggie Gyllenhall rocks the pink lips at the Oscars.
Rhianna's lips are perfection...
Alexis Bledel's lips and eyes pop with this look.
My inspiration is the Smashbox line from Heartbreaker 

I know, I know...I have already raved about the pink lips trend but I thought I would do a tutorial of how I love to wear this look. I think it looks best with a muted face and eye to make the lips pop. This look will also tie in my raves about Stila Kitten. Here we go...

(looking quite sleepy this Sunday morning)
I have already done my moisturizer, foundation, concealer, primer, and powder.

Moisture: Aveeno Positively Ageless with SPF
Foundation: Maybelline Dream Liquid
Primer: Benefit Stay Don't Stray Primer
Concealer: Benefit Boi-ing
Powder: Benefit Hello Flawless in Petal
(note when doing powder, make sure to not powder you eyelids as the eyeshadow won't stick as well to the primer)

I'm starting with Stila Smudge Pot in Kitten. If doing this, you probably don't need the primer but I like the primer for the under eye so I did both. Spread the kitten base all over the lid, trying not to extend too far over the crease.

For definition I applied a light brown eyeshadow into the outer "v" of the eyes. I used Jemma Kidd from Target in Vanity Fair. This step can prob be skipped but I like some definition, even if not substantial. I bought this shadow to do the shadow on our faces for Zombiecon, seen here, and I really ended up liking it. 


Using a small shadow brush, apply Stila Kitten to the lid.
(its the one that is almost gone)
(I kept going from indoor to outside to get the natural light since it is kind of hard to see)

Apply a highlight under the brow. Try to stay away from shimmer shadows as your entire lid is shimmery.


Using your fave black liner, mine is UD 24/7 in Zero, line your upper lids. Try to make the liner wider as you reach the outer corner. With the black liner, apply on the lower outer lash line and smudge inward.


Add mascara, mine is DiorShow Blackout and the eyes are complete.

I think this look can go either nude or pink so I thought I'd show both. This is the look with a nude lip. Here I am wearing Sephora brand lipstick in a nude shade, I think is Impertinent Nude 24. Lipstick is topped off with MAC Cruise Control Lipglass.

...and for the finale. Using Smashbox Photo Finish Lipstick in Flirty and Heartbreaker Lip Shine in Berry Hot --here is my pink lips.


And the final look...



I am off to my nephew's pirate birthday party. I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday. xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Love the bright pink lip on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I have said it before but I really love the pink lips. I think I need a Sephora trip so you can pick me out some pink lips too :)
    Oh yeah and 1 more Saturday! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Andi and Heather---

    Heather, a trip Sephora will never be turned down.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pink lips look great on you! I'm almost tempted to try this look ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacklyn--it took me a little while to work up the courage but I get tons of compliments on this. Go for it! You'll look awesome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog