Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Weekend...

My Valentine's weekend started yesterday after an 11 hour work day. My husband and I had an 8:30 reservation at Chop's City Grille. For any of you in the area, this is an excellent steak house. The food was excellent and we only had to wait a few minutes. This place is usually packed, especially in season so it was nice to have a chaos free dining experience. I had prime rib and baked potato with  'Maui' cocktail (pineapple martini) and the hubs had porterhouse with parmesan truffle potatoes and Belvedere and tonic (the usual).

My makeup look was a little out of the norm for me and I loved it. I hope you do too. Here is my overall look:
Top: Ann Taylor
Cardigan: NY&Co
Jeans: Express Barely Boot
Shoes: Black Satin w. a bow (Glint brand from Nordstroms)
Makeup:

Makeup Look:
I did a burgundy color lightly in the crease with a light pink shimmer MAC pigment on the lid. I used a matte pale pink for a highlight color. Eyeliner in a dark burgundy cream liner with a black eyeliner close to the lash line. DiorShow mascara. Face makeup was Revlon Dream Matte Liquid with Benefit's Boi-ing Concealer and Hello Flawless powder. I used the new Benefit Stay Don't Stray primer for the third time and so far I love it. I plan on doing a full review of this product after a week of use. Lips was a nude Sephora brand lipstick with MAC Cruise Control Dazzleglass over it.

(on the way to dinner)

Since we did dinner last night, we went ahead and exchanged gifts then too. We usually do not exchange costly gifts for this holiday. Hubs got me a dozen red roses---beautiful. We also have this great little shop in downtown The Daily Chocolate and he got me an assortment of chocolates and Organic Hot Chocolate that I plan on trying tonight.




Tonight I am making dinner at home. On the menu we have Chicken Ceasar salad, Piccata, Risotto, and Panna Cotta w/ berries for dessert. Pictures will be posted (if it actually turns out hehe)

My 2 Valentine Loves

I hope all of you are enjoying you Valentine's Day and if you aren't celebrating--I hope you are having a warm and cozy Sunday.

xo
Mere

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and love it! Your makeup looks great!

    Also, I got my fiance the same Valentine card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The makeup came out great. You guys look adorable as always :) Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great night! Your dinner tonight sounds amazing too! Love your make-up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog