Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!! Welcome 2010!!!!

2010!

(typical husband making a goofy face)
It's that time of year again...the New Year. This year, 2010, is looking like it is going to have so much to offer me. This year is going to be the first time EVER in my entire life that I will not be pursuing some sort of higher education. For those of you that do not know, I graduated in 2006 with my Bachelors and since then have been taking the CPA exam and classes for my masters. I have one class left this semester then I will be an official CPA! I cannot wait---at the same time I am a little nervous.

What am I going to do with my time. I am ALWAYS overloading myself with work, school, CPA, Family, Friends, Projects, etc. My husband is predicting the minute I taste free time, I'll want kids but I would like to relish in this opportunity at least for a while.

This brings me to my New Years Resolutions...oh wait...just a minute. I have one more issue before I begin my list. I am not liking 2010---it just doesn't roll off of my tongue and every time I say it, I find myself pausing and repeating it about 3 different ways.

SO, I am taking a poll---how are you going to say 2010?!

  1. Two thousand ten
  2. Twenty ten
  3. Oh ten
  4. :::insert your own creation here:::
(I know I know, weird )

Ok now seriously on to the countdown------drum roll please-----

  • Drink less coke and try to drink tea instead for my caffeine fix
  • Remove all things toxic from my life, this includes people, situations, and so-called "obligations" 
  • Once busy season is over, try to workout more often
  • During busy season, recognize all of the ways my husband and family go out of their way to accommodate me and my schedule
  • Try more new dinner recipes
  • Try to cut back on shopping so we can eventually have a down-payment for a house :-)
  • Complete the sewing and scrapbook projects I have started and have planned to start
  • Begin taking Pilates classes again
  • Live in the moment and stop trying to plan every second!

So in addition to my New Year's Resolutions, I have compiled a list of things that I want to leave in 2009:

  • Unemployment
  • Swine Flu
  • CPA Exams---and this is now a feasible request!
  • This Recession
  • Tiger Woods drama---who cares!
For New Years, we are spending time with some friends and hopefully relaxing for New Years Day. As I mentioned, I am an accountant and once January hit, my life is officially crazy and me and a co-worker are flying out the following Monday to Atlanta for a week for work. Just going to relish in the opportunity to relax.

How are you planning on spending your NYE!?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog