Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009---it's been just fine...

So in the spirit of the New Year, I thought I'd do a review of 2009 from my perspective, an idea from A&W. 2009 has been filled with exciting, sad, and stressful emotions, with everything in between.

January:

We rang in the New Year with some sushi and a downtown block party. The New Year is always bittersweet to me---celebration: YAY! working 6 days a week 60+ hours: BOO! Oh well that's the nature of the beast. Oh yeah---and I got the scores for section of the CPA--PASS! Woo hoo! 1 to go!

February:



For Valentine's Day, hubby and I met some friends from the Cayman Islands in Miami and had a nice little get-a-way for the weekend. We ate at Vix at Hotel Victor which was horrible and I would never recommend it to anyone. But the night was fun as we played pool and shared some drinks. Love V-day with my lovely!

March, April, May:




Unfortunately this says it all---I was looking through old pictures trying to remember what I did during these months and couldn't really recall and it's because I was studying---day and night. All day and night. I had one section left in this crazy journey.

June:



June was prob one of the best months of my life. I was done studying for the CPA exam, assuming I passed and its the month of mine and my husband's birthday. Also I had the summer off of work to pursue a Master's degree so I had a lot of time to myself--a nice change from Jan-April. So a couple days before my birthday, I was driving home from school and my husband called to inform me that I had received my last CPA score and I passed!!!! I am finished! This journey has been 3 years long and has been the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. As I was driving, I broke out in hysterical crying---definitely a memorable moment. To make things even better, my husband had so much confidence that I would pass, he already bought me a congrats card with a "key" for the car of my choice---therefore the last pic. For the birthday/CPA exam, my husband bought me an Audi---love him! So in short---loving June 2009!

Oh and I love the dress I wore on my birthday---its a maxi from Victorias Secret. Next time I wear it, I'll post an outfit of the day post!

July & August:

Vacations to Bahamas and Little Cayman Island----need I say more!

September:


The start of my blog---which I can say I am loving. While I may not have the most exciting blog, it's an outlet and I enjoy it truly.

October:



Zombiecon and Halloween---I love LOVE love dressing up so October is exciting for me with the anticipation of these events.

November:



In celebration of our third anniversary, we went to Beaver Creek CO which is where we honeymoon-ed. Great weather and great time!

December:

Merry Christmas! December, like always, was a blur. I had a great Christmas and so did many people I spoke with. Shows that even during the recession, people can come together and remember what matters most.

I hope you all had a great 2009! I know I did but I am welcoming 2010 with open arms!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog