Sunday, October 11, 2009

Yum: Coconut Macaroons

I was never a big macaroon person until about a year ago when I found this recipe in Domino magazine. This is an excellent dessert and extremely easy to make.


Coconut-Dipped Macaroons



2 egg-whites
Salt
0.5 cup sugar
0.5 tsp vanilla
2 cups finely shredded coconut
2.5 oz bitersweet dark chocolate


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. To a medium mixing bowl, add egg whites and a pinch of salt, beat with an electric mixer until stiff.  Fold in sugar and vanilla, then stir in coconut. Using a small ice cream scoop, form cookie on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Let cool for 30 mintues.


Melt chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat. Pour into bowl; dip macaroons halfway in chocolate, and return to baking sheet until chocolate has hardened.


This makes 12 healthy sized cookies and I have found I like to drip the chocolate over the cookies rather than dip to have less chocolate on them. Also I just melt my chocolate in the microwave to save dishes and time. My microwave actually has a melt chocolate feature that makes it pretty easy. Enjoy!



I plan on making these tonight so I'll post a pic...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog